Tag Archives: Old Community Church

Old Community Church Parsonage Consecration, August 16, 1953

This church had its beginnings in the community room over Chris Jager’s store at the Oleson/Garden Home Road intersection. Dr. and Mrs. Hetlesater donated the property south of Garden Home Road at S.W. Royal (now SW 71st). According to church … Continue reading

Posted in Churches | Tagged | 1 Comment

Memories of the Old Community Church

We were pleased to receive the following stories from Dan Nebert and his sister Rosella Nebert Grafton concerning their memories of the old Community Church which was on Garden Home Road and Royal (now 71st), where the one-story professional building … Continue reading

Posted in Churches, Memoirs, Places | Tagged , , | 10 Comments

Past Pastors of Garden Home Community Churches

Posted in Churches, People | Tagged , | Leave a comment

The “Old” Garden Home Community Church

In 1918, the original Garden Home Community Church was built facing onto Garden Home Road at the corner of Royal which is now SW 71st. The professional office building occupies this area now. From 1914 through 1917 the church people first … Continue reading

Posted in Churches, Early History, Places | Tagged , , | 3 Comments